 |
| Thanks Nicole for the sweet pic! |
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wandering around the Old City might be my new favorite thing. After living in Jerusalem for over two months, I'm starting to feel like this is my city. I know my way around the different quarters, can point out which way is north, south, east, or west (this took a while because I lacked the trusty Rocky Mountains as my guide), and I've visited most of the major sites around town. Now when I go in the city, I'm not as rushed to see things; I take my time and enjoy every moment. I open random doors, explore hidden allies, and interact with the locals. The past several days have been filled with exciting discoveries, good friends, and amazing food.
 |
| The Kings' Tombs. This site is in someone's backyard which made me jealous. |
 |
| This wheelbarrow is in honor of James and our Grand Canyon hike. :) |
 |
Random cave at the rock-cut tombs in the Kidron Valley. The entrance looked
like a piano. This made me happy. So naturally a picture was taken. |
 |
| Creepy crawler. |
 |
| Jewish school children near the Western Wall. (Thanks Danielle!) |
 |
Early morning at the Western Wall.
(Awesome photo credit, above and below, to Eliza!) |
 |
| Women praying at the wall. |
 |
We found a playground in the Jewish quarter. This may or may not
have been the first thing I did when I saw it. |
 |
| Me and Eliza riding down the slide. :) |
 |
| Me, Jared, and Eliza eating pita and hummus at Lina's. Soooo good! |
 |
| Door to the Greek Orthodox church we got to see. |
 |
The little Greek lady that invited us to see the above church.
She was so friendly and gave us all hugs and kisses after we talked to her.
I love the friendly and accepting the people I have met here in Jerusalem. |
No comments:
Post a Comment