Well, I'm leaving tomorrow for the BYU Jerusalem Center! I can't wait to start this next grand adventure. At our orientation meeting today, a girl that had previously gone to Jerusalem encouraged us to make goals before we left. Here are some of the things I want to accomplish in Israel:
- Grow spiritually. Learn more about the Savior's life and teachings and develop my testimony and faith.
- Grow intellectually. Learn about the different cultures and customs of the Middle East.
- Explore the city and see and discover as much as possible!
- Meet new people and make lasting friendships.
- Grow in my gratitude of where I live, the people I associate with, the family I have, and the gospel that plays such an important role in my life.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
~Mark Twain
Shalom!

No comments:
Post a Comment