Yes, I made it to Jerusalem! I was one of the lucky ones that flew from SLC to JFK to TEL AVIV. Sure, they were long flights, the second being 11 hours, but at least I didn't get stuck in Phoenix like the 50 other students in our group. They have been arriving over the past several days, taking flights through Houston, D.C., North Carolina, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and many other cities. It is insane! Hopefully the final groups will be arriving tonight and I will be able to meet all the new students.
The Jerusalem Center is incredible. My balcony, and every other room in the building, looks out over the city. At first, the prayer calls were surprising, but now I am getting used to them and I love to listen to them. Even when they wake me up at 4:30 in the morning!
I would love to post pictures of the places I have been to so far, but I'm not quite sure what the policy is here, so I'll wait. Bummer, because I usually read blogs to look at pictures, so I assume if you're reading this (which I'm not even sure you are) you are super bored right now. Sorry!
Places I have been so far:
The Garden Tomb (right in the city, but so peaceful and beautiful)
The Garden of Gethsemane (closer to the city walls then I imagained, with trees from the time of Christ)
Pool of Bethesda (we got to walk through the ruins and go to an underground pool)
The Church of the Holy Seplechure (one of the suppossed places where Christ was judged before the crucifixtion)
Walking the streets in the Old City (love the smells of the spices, but maybe not some other smells...)
Hopefully pictures will be coming soon. Shalom!
No comments:
Post a Comment