October 21, 2011

Eilat of fun in the sun.

Last free day basically the whole center went on a day trip to Eilat. Eilat is located right on the northern tip of the Red Sea, about a four hours drive from Israel. (In case you were wondering.) We got up really early so we could get to the beach by 10 AM. I made sure to sneak out some snacks from the Oasis for the long bus ride. And when I say snacks, I am of course referring to the chocolate cereal, filled in the center with little bursts of a nutella-like substance. Too much chocolate for breakfast, but the perfect mid-morning snack. Yum. 
When we finally got to Eilat, closer to 11 AM, the whole bus was itching to get on the beach. The temperature outside was perfect. 

Entrance to Coral Beach.
We spent the morning and early afternoon at Coral Beach, chilling on the sand or snorkeling along the reefs. My first attempt at snorkeling consisted of continual salt water pouring into my goggles and swimming against some pretty rough waves. I probably looked like I was drowning. However, attempt two was a success. The waves were less choppy and we were able to swim out to a better reef. I swam through a huge school of fish and saw some super skinny and brightly colored fish. Then I read The Things They Carried on the beach. The book is haunting and gut-wrenching, but insightful and thought-provoking. I love reading a good book on the beach.

danielle + charlotte + beach = happiness


 Me, Danielle, and Annahleah at the Red Sea. 

Couldn't resist the jumping picture.


After the beach, we spent an hour wandering around some of the hotels and shops in the city of Eilat. The area was definitely touristy and more European, but it was a nice change from the streets of Jerusalem. We enjoyed people watching. 

Reminded me of Mall Cop. 

Alyse, Me, and Eliza having fun at the Three Monkeys Pub. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment