December 1, 2011

Surprise!

And you thought I was done with Galilee. :)

Well, because I haven't taken too many pictures over the past couple of days and because I just got the rest of the Galilee pics from Danielle, I thought I'd put up some last pictures from my time up north. I realize more and more each day how much I love Galilee. It was so beautiful and quiet up there and a day didn't go by that I learned something new and saw something incredible. Enjoy!
Me at the Jordan River. We went there at night. Randie comment,
there were these strange water rats that we saw there. I'm not
quite sure what they were, but I know Peter and James would
have loved to see them swimming around. 
AnnaLeah, Danielle, me, Taylor, and Maddy at a site that has currently
slipped my mind. But it's a beautiful view, right?!
AnnaLeah, me, and Danielle at Megiddo, the future site of Armageddon.
There was a storm brewing which made it even cooler. The views were great.
Me and Danielle pointing to the Syrian border while at Tel Dan. Those little
white houses in the background are in Syria. 
Jared, me, Danielle, and Suzy inside some bunkers left over
from the previous wars between Israel, Syria, and Lebanon. 
Maddy and me at a waterfall near Caesarea Philippi. This part of Galilee
was beautiful because the changing colors on the leaves reminded me of Fall.
You can't really tell, but in the shadow on the sign are the words
"secret tunnel." I couldn't resist.
Beneath the clothes, we find the man...and beneath the man,
we find his...nucleus. 
Suzy, me, and Danielle having a little too much fun at
the ruins of a crusader castle. 
Ok, check it out! Ben found this awesome chameleon at Sepphoris
and we might have spent more time playing with it then looking
at the rocks. :) It looked just like the chameleon from Tangled so
we called him Pascal, and he even changed colors depending
on where we put him. It would have made the perfect pet!
Sunset on the Sea of Galilee. This picture is taken right from the
cabins where we stayed. We had a sunset like this seriously every
night. I am amazed by how incredible the sunsets are over here.
They're one of the things I will miss about Jerusalem.
Speaking of which, we are down to 2 weeks. That's right, 2 weeks! Ahhh! Where has the time gone? The other day at our announcement meeting they told us about the JCLDS syndrome. (Jerusalem Center Last Days Syndrome). I definitely have it. It's a bitter-sweet feeling. You're excited to go home and experience family and Christmas and snow and all the little wonderful things about America. But it slowly dawns on you all the incredible experiences you've had in Jerusalem. And the amazing friendships you've created. And the falafel and date bread and sunsets and memories that you will be leaving behind.

It's a funny thing about coming home. 
Looks the same, 
smells the same, 
feels the same.
You'll realize what's changed 
is you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment