January 16, 2012

Who are you? Excuse me, I think the question is, who are *you!*


I went home this weekend. And it was awesome.

Here are some highlights from my two (or too) short days in Holladay -->

Eating thai food from Pawit's. Seriously, it was time for something besides Mexican, Chinese, and Italian. Did I tell you I'm in love with curry?


Sitting around the kitchen table at dinner, while my mom read to us from Where Will You Be 5 Years from Today? It's a book that's supposed to inspire us to plan our future and live our dreams or something. The following conversation ensued: 

Mom: Ok, here are some questions the book asks that can help you identify your top values. I'm going to ask you the questions and then you can respond. First question, "What are the three things I like most and least about myself?"
Peter, James, Charlotte (responding individually): blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah.
Dad: blah........blah.......blah. Did I tell you about that one time?.... oh, yeah, blah......blah.....blah.
Mom: Great. Ok, here's the next question, "Who am I?"
James: Who am I? Excuse me, I think the question is, who are you!!! We're in a war, man! There's no time for stupid questions!
Dad, Peter, Charlotte: [break out into hysterical laughter] hahahahahaha
Mom: [shortly joins laughter] haha
James: [looks smug :) ]

And that, people, is why I love my family. Oh, I've trained my brother well in the art of quoting movies. ;)

Watching The Help and denying that I cried during it. Although I might have during the very end. "You is kind, you is smart, you is important." The movie made me realize that it's not very often I go to a movie nowadays where I leave feeling good and inspired and uplifted. I've decided there's something wrong with that. (Speaking of good movies, you should watch We Bought A Zoo. Soooo good. Plus Matt Damon's in it. That is all.)

Playing with Ginger in the freshly fallen snow. (Yes, it actually snowed!) I'm convinced she's a polar bear or something. We'll just send her outside to do her business and she never comes back! She loves to bound through the snow and eat icicles. Peter, James, and I spent 30 minutes making snowballs and then having her chase after them. Once she gets to the snowball she proceeds to destroy it with her whole face. 

Hearing this conversation:

Dad: Peter, I'm going to keep you home from school until you finish that online health class.
Peter: sa-weeeeet.

And this one:

Dad: Ginger, it's a good thing you're cute, or we'd have sold you a long time ago. 
*we're still training the dog, and it's a long road...

And *almost* getting my mission papers in. I just meet with the stake president on Tuesday and then they are sent off to church headquarters. Ahhhhh! I have a feeling it will be pretty hard to focus these next couple weeks waiting for the call. :)

I'll just be sitting, waiting, wishing...

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeek! I want to meet Ginger! And your family! hahaha and I'm SO excited for you to get your call! It's supes crazy that in just a couple of days they'll be all submitted. AHHH! :)

    ReplyDelete