Today, Peter got out of school early so we decided to hike up Bell's Canyon. We only made it to the first reservoir (steep hike + no water + heat + bad shoes) but it was still so beautiful. I'm glad I brought my new camera along for the adventure. I had fun taking pictures (as you can probably tell). I followed Peter around the lake as he fished, soaking in the sun and loving the scenery. Whoever hates on Utah has clearly not been to the mountains, or looked out their window for that matter.
Ah, springtime in the mountains. Everything is so green and new and I love the sound of water rushing over the rocks. The only sad thing about this little adventure was realizing that once I leave on my mission, I won't see Peter for over 3 years. He's leaving on his mission next summer. This is lame. I'm gonna miss singing to the radio in the car with him and laughing about some silly little thing together.
Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze in a few more fun times before I leave. I asked Peter what we should do before that and he said "hike and bake something." Cool. I think we can figure something out.






No comments:
Post a Comment