The moment when you suddenly realize it's May.
Yep. I didn't realized it until three days into the month, and only then because my neighbor asked me when I was leaving and I promptly told her May 30th and she said, "This month? How exciting!"
Right. Ooooohhhhh, riiiiiigghhht. That IS this month. [nervous laugh].
Where has the time gone?
I noticed yesterday while stalking blogs that I haven't posted in a while. That's because life's been sorta crazy lately/ I haven't taken any pictures and I feel like people don't read blogs unless there are awesome pictures accompanying the text. (Which makes me want either a really cute baby to take pictures of or an awesome camera that will make me feel like I'm taking awesome pictures.)
I guess I'll just have to rely on this incredibly cute baby I found on pinterest.
Life lately means being home.
Being home means constantly forgetting what day it is. Really, they all blend together. Monday feel like Saturday and don't even bother asking me the date.
Being home means getting stuck in slave labor on the days I don't work because, well, just sitting around and being lazy is not an option over here. So I've been organizing various rooms in the house, working in the garden, cleaning out the garage, and painting the fence/ shoveling gravel along the entire length of the fence. That last one's my personal favorite. There's nothing quite like dragging a wheel barrow full of gravel all day long.
Being home means hanging out with my brothers. The other day James and I got out this game we got for Christmas but hadn't opened yet. It was actually a fun game, partly because I won. (Yes, in the history of playing games with James, I actually won one of them!) I say "was actually" because after 2 winning streaks (I credit beginner's luck), I haven't won since. So now the game is "really lame." Haha maybe I'm a poor sport.
Being home means eating really good food. Curry, barbecue chicken, avocado salads, chocolate milkshakes, and black bean soup. Wait a minute....black bean soup?? I was a little nervous at first when I saw the boiling black goo. But once you add tomatoes and tortilla chips and avocados and bacon it starts tasting pretty good.
Being home means packing. For 18 months. Mostly, this just means I dragged 2 big black suitcases up to my room and now keep looking at them every morning in the hopes that they'll pack themselves.
Being home. It's a good thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment