We met in 7th grade,
I thought I was so cool
to have a real mechanical pencil.
You were there for me,
through the spanish tests
and the history essays.
The ACT
and AP Calculus exam.
You spent many hours
in the BYU testing center.
You traveled to Peru
and England,
California and New York.
You even came to
Israel.
I'll never forget taking the ANE Midterm
when suddenly
you stopped working.
Just like that.
If pencils could talk,
you'd have some great memories
to share.
A short video, in remembrance.
You were there for me,
through the spanish tests
and the history essays.
The ACT
and AP Calculus exam.
You spent many hours
in the BYU testing center.
You traveled to Peru
and England,
California and New York.
You even came to
Israel.
I'll never forget taking the ANE Midterm
when suddenly
you stopped working.
Just like that.
If pencils could talk,
you'd have some great memories
to share.
A short video, in remembrance.

I don't know why this struck me so funny but it did. Maybe is because I also discovered mechanical pencils in 7th grade, but more importantly I think it's the fact that I could never hold on to my pencils longer then a week. To think you've really had one that long... Seriously made me laugh out loud!PS Love the coldplay tribute too. :)
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, I think you're great! This just made my day. Love it :)
ReplyDeleteHEY! I got the video to play! I don't know what that says but maybe blogger just likes me more? Who know? But again, I love this. A lot. I now understand why we're friends. :) haha
ReplyDeleteMaybe your mechanical pencil just didn't want to leave Jerusalem either, so up and ended it's days right there. I guess you know what to ask for for Christmas :) It's been fun following your blog adventures, Charlotte! Thanks for sharing so many beautiful things! Aunt Barb
ReplyDelete