Ultimate happiness: driving up to the Provo Temple with my family while it's snowing, opening the big white envelope and reading these words-->
"Dear Sister Searle,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the France Paris Mission."
That's life! Experiencing highs and lows, ups and downs. Sometimes in the same day. ;) But you just have to hold on and smile. And right now I'm grinning from ear to ear.
Seriously? Paris, France?! I was shocked to read those words. I never thought of going to France; I've never spoken a word of French in my life. But the more I think about it, the more I realize it's the perfect call for me.
How did I not see it coming? Here are some weird connections I have to France. Coincidence? I think not!
Visiting France with my Uncle and cousins two summers ago and falling in love with the beautiful city of Paris.
Loving impressionistic art, and the paintings of French artists Corot, Delacroix, Degas, Manet, Monet, Renoir, van Gogh, Seurat, and Matisse.
![]() |
| source. |
Having crepe night every Friday during freshman year. I still think a crepe with straight-up nutella is genius and the best.
Eating treats from Leslie's French Pastries in Holladay ever since we lived there. Oh, and my mom brought some French pastries down in the car to celebrate. Without knowing, of course, that I was going to France. That, my friends, was awesome!
So, if I start posting a ton of French-related stuff over the next few months, you'll know why. :)
![]() |
| source. |
So, if I start posting a ton of French-related stuff over the next few months, you'll know why. :)


First of all, I love your blog posts, everytime.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I am SO stoked for you! Paris isn't going to know what hit them! :) And I think it's so funny that your mom brought French pastries when you went to open it. Hilariously coincidental. Ahhhh so excited for you! :)