February 28, 2012

You say it's your birthday.

I love celebrating birthdays with Sister Lyons. Not now, of course, since she ditched me ;) But I love it because, no matter the person, we always exclaim to them, "It's your biiiirthdaaaay?!?!?" in Kronk's hilarious voice. And they'd usually give us this look in return. 
source.
Ok, not usually. But I always imagine this picture when I say the phrase. It's hilarious. Try saying Kronk's line. I know you want to. And it will make you smile. 
Then, while looking for the above picture, I suddenly realized that Disney has some awesome birthday lines in their movies. Like this little gem from Cinderella. 
In case you were wondering, my children's childhoods will include Disney movies. 

In other news, yes, this is a birthday related post, because it's my birthday. My home teacher came running over just a while ago to drop off flowers for me. He bursts through the door and asks me in an accusatory tone, "Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?!?!" As if I had committed some grievous sin by not announcing to the world about my special day. I think it's weird to do that. But since only a few people read this blog anyway, I thought it would be fine to chat about the big 21. Gah. 

My day was wonderful. It included rides to and from campus, awesome packages in the mail, surprises on the kitchen table from my mom, and lots and lots of free food. What more could you ask for?
My mom always gives me fresh flowers for my birthday because she says it means spring is just around the corner. Ironically, it snowed for the first time in a long time today. Everyone was complaining, but I loved it. The fresh blanket of snow all over campus was magical. 
Tonight, my roommates and I celebrated with a giant chocolate cake from Costco, raspberries, and sparkling cider. 
 We even had a toast!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

1 comment:

  1. hi. it's quite possible that you're the cutest person on the planet. :) AND HAPPY 21st! (for probably the 8th time). But I love your blog posts, always. You're great, I'm glad you had a magically snowy birthday and I love you! And I wish I could've been there to celebrate with youuu! :(


    pause.

    I just had an epiphany. If all goes according to plan, I'll be in SLC for my 21st. Let's do something crazy fun, please?

    (Not to take away from your special day, haha just a random yet exciting thought.)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete