![]() |
| photo courtesy of Bekstrand. |
I have the best friends.
Seriously.
And I'm gonna miss them.
One night last semester while we waiting for orchestra,
Bekstrand and I realized that in a couple of months
we wouldn't be seeing each other for quite some time,
what with her leaving for Europe on May 8th
and me leaving for my mission on May 30th.
I also realized that she wouldn't be able to come to my farewell. Boo.
But Bekstrand decided we would have to have one last party together before we left.
She even put it in her phone calendar.
That's how legit we are.
Friday, May 4th was that party.
And it was epic.
Bekstrand and Heather
(Penrose Penthouse Forever! Or until they tear it down)
picked me up in Bekstrand's insanely huge car. haha.
And we sat mexi style in the front seat.
Just like High School.
Then, the night panned out into the 5 phases.
Yes. That's right. Phases.
Can you sense the awesomeness?
Phase 1:
Dinner at Zupas.
I got the bacon tomato avocado panini. Actually, I always do.
But that's because it's sooooo good.
[Phase 1.5: Drive for a while and possibly get lost and have to rely on Gina (the GPS) to give us directions which she doesn't seem capable of doing. Oh, and laugh a lot.)
Phase 2:
Take a little hike up a trail to a beautiful waterfall and take fun pictures.
And revel in the beauty and solitude
until about 20 kids suddenly swarm the mountain.
Phase 3:
Go to the grocery store.
And then get forced to sit in the car while Bekstrand and Heather
take FOREVER getting whatever they're getting.
(Which turned out to be ice cream and toppings. So it was worth it.)
My favorite part was watching people walk up to the exit of the store
and stand in front of the doors for a couple seconds
before realizing the doors weren't going to open.
Hilarious.
Phase 4:
Watch Two Weeks Notice (I love Sandra Bullock) and eat a lot of junk food.
Half way through the movie,
Heather and Bekstrand asked me if I wanted to eat any chips.
I look over to see about 2/3rds of the bag already gone.
Wow.
Phase 5:
Sleep on Bekstrand's tramp.
Which was fun while we were talking and discussing what the clouds looked like.
Then it turned into a nightmare.
Freezing cold+wind+a blinding bright moon+not enough blankets=no sleep.
Luckily, Bekstrand was experiencing the same thing.
At around 2, the following exchange occurred:
Bekstrand: Charlotte?
Me: Yes?
Bekstrand: Are you cold?
Me: Freezing.
Bekstrand: Do you want to go inside?
Me: Yes!
Bekstrand: What about Heather?
Me: Just leave her.
[short pause.]
Heather: Whaaaaattttt?!?!?
So all three of us stumbled inside.
The warmth and the couch were pure bliss.
The next morning Bekstrand's mom made us waffles.
All in all, it was a great night, one that I will always remember.
The worst part was saying goodbye.
I'll just think of it as a "see you soon."

I love you and your blog. Period.
ReplyDeleteI love your life.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your blog.
I'm going to be supes sad when I don't get frequent updates of your exciting life soon.
But I'm totes excited to see you in 9 days! :)
"Dang GINA!!"
ReplyDelete:P Lottie you're the best!!