May 28, 2015

wait time.

Walking home from school this week on a particularly misty day. 

At school, 
I have learned to give my students adequate wait time. I ask a question, and then wait at least 3-5 seconds for an answer. Those few seconds sometimes seem like a really long time. But they are crucial moments of silence that help the students process and really think about the answer. I love seeing a child think. It's incredible how capable they are at solving problems. The teacher just needs some patience, and the child needs some time. 

At home,
the wait time for my family is almost over, because Peter gets home from his mission THIS WEEK. I can't believe his 2 years are almost up! I'm so excited for my family to pick him up at the airport. Homecomings make the waiting ok. 

“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.” 
-Fulton J. Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment