September 17, 2011

Life comes at you fast.

Remember when you were 13 and you went away to camp and it was going to last 1 WHOLE WEEK? And everyday felt sooo long and years went by before you went home. And remember when Christmases and birthdays were so far apart? And high school seniors were so old? And college was just a distant blur in the future?

This coming Wednesday will mark three weeks of living in Jerusalem. Ok, so it's not been that long. But it still means that I am almost 1/3 of the way through my time here in the Holy Land. Say what?! I feel like I was just packing my bags to leave on this study abroad. I have loved every minute here, and I can't wait for all the coming excitement and adventures.

I just wish that it went by a little slower, that I could watch each Jerusalem sunset in slow-mo, rewind the spontaneous bursts of laughter, and freeze the moments when walking through the colorful market-places of the Old City.

But what minutes!  Count them by sensation, and not by calendars, and each moment is a day.  
~Benjamin Disraeli

At the Western Wall.

Participating in the stations of the cross, 
on Friday along the Via Dolorosa.

View of Jerusalem.

The Church of the Condemnation.

The streets of Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment