Today was our District Conference, so the chapel was full of members from all over Israel. It was nice to hear children throughout the meetings; it made the center feel more like home. One of our speakers said something that really stuck with me.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
I feel like this can be applied to so many aspects of my life. I love the word seek in the phrase. It is a verb that implies action and actively doing something. The phrase teaches to look outside yourself and serve others. I have decided to make it my motto while here in Jerusalem.
Seek first to understand the gospel more in depth while in the Holy Land.
Seek first to understand the many cultures and religions of Israel.
Seek first to understand the students and facility at the Jerusalem Center by serving and loving them.
Seek first to understand my mission in life.
I hope that I can keep this in mind as I continue my adventures in Jerusalem.
P.S. The internet connection stinks right now, so pictures will come later!
No comments:
Post a Comment