March 7, 2012

sometimes i ration my food.

source.
This is my last 13-hour day on campus. [Insert wild cheers of excitement here, if I were awake enough to do so.] Every Wednesday this semester I have been on BYU campus from 8 AM to 9 PM. Over 12 hours people. I'm not quite sure how this lovely day developed, but it did. (I'm thinking I signed up for all the classes while I was in Jerusalem and just so happy about everything and not thinking about real life). Anyway, I have class from 8 to 11, work from 11 to 2, library time from 2 to 4, class from 4 to 7, and orchestra from 7 to 9. Phew.

But today was my last TELL 410 class, which means my incredibly long class from 4 to 7 is now over. Which means I can cut out my library time (sorry, Harold) and go home before orchestra and oh, I don't know, eat a normal dinner. Sounds superb!

I can't deny that I won't miss the rationing of food to last during these long days. I usually start with my pb&j around 11, fruit at 12, granola bars and random chocolate that I find in my bag from 2 to 4, cold drinking fountain water and my last granola bar around 6, and then imagining delicious dinners during orchestra.

Right now I have 50 minutes before orchestra and 8 cadburry eggs. So I figure I can have one egg every 7 minutes, approximately. I'm glad my math skills are paying off.

1 comment:

  1. hi. you're quite possibly the funniest person I know. And it's funny because I'm the say way about my food rationing AND I remember when I was there and hearing all about your predicaments and your necessary food rationing. Hilarious. Also, I love your reason for making your schedule like this. Oh Jerusalem. haha

    p.s. I was babysitting earlier and I read this blog and I was about to comment but then I was realized that the people I was babysitting for were the ones signed into Google. And so I decided against leaving a comment from them. haha I hope you enjoyed that story? :/

    ReplyDelete