![]() |
| That's me, three from the left. (source.) |
If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree,
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up!
Not me!
(Not I!)
Not me!
So there.
| This Is The Place days. Climbing trees, feeding animals, trying to fish in the pond. |
![]() |
| I love this picture of Peter. |
Some days I wake up singing "I won't grow up" from the Peter Pan musical.
My roommate just laughs at me.
But I'm serious.
Some nights I go to midnight movies even though I have class the next day.
And I realize that my friend and I are possibly the oldest people in the theatre.
Holy overload of freshmen.
Wait, does this mean I'm too old to go?
Absolutely not.
Sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I'm
21 YEARS OLD.
When did this happen?
Sometimes I eat ice cream for dinner.
Sometimes I read the Sunday morning comics.
Sometimes I wear different colored socks.
Sometimes I'm immature and laugh at dumb stuff.
Sometimes I want to play spy or cowboys and indians or go on adventures.
Sometimes I eat more cookie dough than I actually bake.
Actually, that last one should be always.
****
Tonight, I said goodbye to Faith, my dear friend who's leaving on a mission to Paraguay this Wednesday. And I had to face a little bit of "growing up." Bah.
I hate goodbyes.
I always just laugh and joke and pretend it's just a "see ya soon."
But this time "soon" translates to approximately 2 years.
Driving home, I realized how much I'm gonna miss that girl.
From the moment we ate pizza together in the airport to the last crepe party,
and all the moments in-between....
(Peru, freshman roomies, her silent laugh, California road trip, making dinners, awkward BYU dances, crepes, finding our true laughs, midnight movies, Thursday lunches)
...I knew we were meant to be great friends.
She is going to be an incredible missionary.
Good luck, Faith!
My roommate just laughs at me.
But I'm serious.
Some nights I go to midnight movies even though I have class the next day.
And I realize that my friend and I are possibly the oldest people in the theatre.
Holy overload of freshmen.
Wait, does this mean I'm too old to go?
Absolutely not.
Sometimes I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I'm
21 YEARS OLD.
When did this happen?
Sometimes I eat ice cream for dinner.
Sometimes I read the Sunday morning comics.
Sometimes I wear different colored socks.
Sometimes I'm immature and laugh at dumb stuff.
Sometimes I want to play spy or cowboys and indians or go on adventures.
Sometimes I eat more cookie dough than I actually bake.
Actually, that last one should be always.
****
Tonight, I said goodbye to Faith, my dear friend who's leaving on a mission to Paraguay this Wednesday. And I had to face a little bit of "growing up." Bah.
I hate goodbyes.
I always just laugh and joke and pretend it's just a "see ya soon."
But this time "soon" translates to approximately 2 years.
Driving home, I realized how much I'm gonna miss that girl.
From the moment we ate pizza together in the airport to the last crepe party,
and all the moments in-between....
(Peru, freshman roomies, her silent laugh, California road trip, making dinners, awkward BYU dances, crepes, finding our true laughs, midnight movies, Thursday lunches)
...I knew we were meant to be great friends.
She is going to be an incredible missionary.
Good luck, Faith!


I think that 21 is the age where you're supposed to be doing all those things... especially eating ice cream for dinner.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm the same way with goodbyes. haha I hate 'em. But at this point, it's actually starting to become a more formal goodbye than a see you later which is so sad! :( But Faith will do great. :) (Maybe I've stalked her blog once or twice. hahaha) And you're both going to have so many good stories to share with each other in two years!
p.s. you leave in 57 days. THAT is crazy.