April 4, 2012

Musings while at work.

*The following thoughts have been compiled over the course of this semester. Read at your own discretion, as many of them were written at early hours and when I was in a less-than-conscious state.*

Oh. my. goodness. I'm pretty sure I work in Antarctica. What's the forecast for today? 70 degrees, you say? Oh, cool. Let me grab my parka and some gloves and a pair of boots. And pray that I don't get frostbite. Seriously, though, why is it soooooo cold in this tiny office?

Office swivel chairs are THE BEST. Turning around in them when no one's in the office never gets old. Oh, and pushing myself from the computer to the desk drawer to get the stapler makes me feel so official.

Sooooo tired. Can't get out of bed. Who invented 7:30 AM work on Fridays?

Sometimes I spend four hours in that little office space sourcing or transcribing without talking to anyone. So I go down the hall to fill up my water bottle, just to make sure that people still do exist.

Did I mention I have a key to the office? As in, I have a key to a building on BYU campus. Such power. Such responsibility.

Once you drive up to work once, it's really, really hard to convince yourself to not drive up again. Those 12 minutes in bed can make all the difference.

I love researching books and articles with all the power of BYU faculty. You don't even have to go check out a book from the library. That's right. You just look it up online and select "request faculty delivery" and it shows up in your office. Awesome. (Thanks to the in-between people, students most likely, who search for it, find it, and cart it clear across campus.)

Sometimes I get to go to lunch on the secret sixth floor of the library with my boss. And eat lots of really good food. And chat with the head BYU librarian. It's chill.

**********

In other news,

6 days till the last day of classes.
15 days till the end of finals.
55 days till I leave.

Oh, and lots of partying in-between.

2 comments:

  1. you might have the funniest blog on the interwebs right now. Or maybe that's just my personal opinion. haha but I scream with delight everytime I see that you've blogged again. So... just know that, I suppose. :) Oh and I also love that you love your job so much. haha

    ReplyDelete